Thursday, September 26, 2013

I get a call from Captain Eric to jump on board to fish the Cape for Bluefin tuna.
my only concern was the drive as I did not want to drive alone but Ray made it happen and he tagged along with me and he then headed north along with his group to fish with Captain Josh,
The run was long and my concern was the afternoon weather on the way back to the dock, however the weather man made another mistake and we had a great ride back home.
We were close to Captain Dom and Captain Josh and we fished in the same area, took us a while to get a bite and set up the right drift, thanks to Captain Dom for his advice it came in handy and fruitful,
listening to the radio in the early morning was a lot of fun, I probably heard the words of tight over 50 times yesterday and the guys on board Captain Dom and Captain Josh were on fire, as always I have to work harder but I know it is a matter of time before it will happen to us,
I was talking to Captain Eric and Richard and wanted to grab my plier and boom, I get hammered on the stop, I set the hook and the fish charged to the top to come unbuttoned right at gaff, the fish hit the Shout Width 210g in pink, I was a bit disappointed to lose it at the gaff but that is what keeps us going harder,
get to another drift and Captain Eric get a good bump but the fish did not commit to the jig, we kept on drifting and hearing and seeing guys getting fish here and there, I can see Eric getting worried so I turned to him and I said: Eric we will make it happen today we just need to put our time and effort.
I switched back to the OBX-400 Paired with the Torsa 16 and we marked fish and I instantly get a decent hit in mid water, that fish literally kicked my A.. I had never fought a fish like that, so stubborn and on the top of that the reel did not help me, I had a problem with the drag as the reel is old and need to be serviced but I never had the chance to send it to Shimano, it took close to 30minutes to land that fish and on every turn and run I felt like I wasn’t  going to land it, Richard was full of encouragement and it  reminded me of myself when others are fighting along with me , he gave me the encouragement to fight and land that fish and I have to admit that for once I had my fore arms seized on me,
The gaff shot was amazing after missing the first one which made me forget about the miss,
a big celebration took place on the Contender and a nice 65 inch fatty hit the deck,
I can’t have a better day than that, we stayed for another hour and we called it off.
I thank Captain Dom for the Intel and Captain Eric for the great day on the water.
Tackle used:

Rod: Saltywater Tackle OBX-400 Jigging Rod, MC Works SB 556MS, Smith AMJ-52EX, El Maestro 77H Prototype, Race Point 100 Prototype
Reels: Shimano Stella SW20000, Shimano Saragosa 10000 prototype, Shimano Torsa 16
Line: Sunline HG PE Jigger
Leader:  Seaguar 100lb Fluorocarbon
Jigs: Shout Width 210g, Shout Shab Shab200g & 300g, Haoli Slim & Long 230g

  Tight Lines
    Sami










No comments:

Post a Comment