Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Cape Cod with mogi-san and Okubo-san

Mogi-san, Okubo-san, Glenn and myself fished with Captain Dom today,

we had a great day on the water with a lot of fun and laugh,
not to mention that the action was beyond what we expected,
Mogi-san hooked up his fish early in the morning and had it to the boat side in about 16 minutes, the fish estimated around 130lb, the fish hit a Carpenter Gamma 90, after that we kept on seeing fish and the action start to get better with a lot opportunity but the fish seems to feed on small bait,
i changed my lure to the Shimano Ocea and in no time i was hooked up on a descent fish, it was one of those fight and i am not going to exaggerate,
the fish was a hefty one, i fought the fish for 47 minutes to loose it at the end, had it to boat side couple of time and had a glance at it,
i hooked up the fish on the new prototype rod (Race Point Special) and i assure you that the rod is a beast, i am very convinced that the adjustment came in right this time, i had the whole fight on video, the bend of the rod is great and it has the backbone that i requested,
we will start production very soon,
Glenn came in tight on his Souls rod and the lure of choice was the daiwa slider, fought the fish for 19 minutes and lost it at the end when his line broke,
we find out later that he had a knot on the braid and he forget to untie it,
Okubo-san had several hits but no hook up on the Meron Spirits lure,
fish were busting all over the place and we were going crazy screaming left and right, Captain Dom did in amazing job putting us into the feeding zone,
will update tomorrow.
Tight lines

another good day at the Cape

Mogi-san, Okubo-san, Paul, Ilya, Adrian and myself had the opportunity to be onboard 2 great Captains',
Mogi-san Okubo-san and Paul fished with Captain Eric,
while the other group consisted of Adrian, Ilya and myself fished with Captain Dom,
we had a great start and thought that the day is going to be as good as yesterday with a lot of surface feeding but that died down early morning.
around 6:00 AM Captain Dom put us on feeding tuna and that did not take too long to come up tight,
for 2 days on the row i hooked up on our prototype rod (Race point special)
i am very confident that the rod is a beast and will be a hit for the Cape,
a lot of back bone with nice sensitive tip that allow you to cast the lighter lures, i will be conducting more testing for the rods in the next couple of weeks and with all honestly i don't think we will be going through anymore adjustment, rushing the production to catch up with the season is not what we are looking for, we'd rather wait a bit and get bigger and better fighting time result.
we will keep you posted
the fish came in to boat side after a brutal 45 minutes on a PE6 line, estimated at 180lb to 190lb and around the 71" mark.
took quick photo shot and released the fish at the boat side to fight another day,
after 15 minutes Captain Dom cast into a feeding frenzy and fish on, the fish took a daiwa dorado slider, after the first run the fish bit through the leader and Captain Dom lost his fish and the lure
on Captain Eric's boat Mogi-san hooked up while using a Carpenter Gamma 160g, despite the length of the rod (Carpenter DJ 83MH) that he is using he manage to bring the fish to the boat side in 34 minutes, the fish was released next to the boat and was close to the 190lb mark.
overall we had a great day and both Captain worked hard to put us on the fish,
i thank Captain Dom and Captain Eric for their effort,
Tight lines

No comments:

Post a Comment